Companies seek to simplify office tasks to make work more practical and dynamic. To achieve this, they implement tools to automate, optimize, and improve the organization’s operations. It is what is known as office automation. One of the most used tools is the office suite, but what is an office suite?
What Is An Office Suite
A workplace suite or workplace package may be a set of pc programs that enable you to form, modify, organize, store, send, receive, scan, and print files. However, it may contain other tools, such as databases, statistical analysis programs, layout designers, editors (of images, presentations, project or web pages), email programs, web browser, or plan.
Before the offices were full of paper and now they are full of screens. As soon as computers were present in the workplace, this software appeared. The most pressing need required converting text files to digital format. A posteriori, the equipment’s calculation capabilities were used to add a tool in this regard. And so with a multitude of tasks for which characteristic tools have emerged.
Characteristics Of An Office Suite
The main characteristics of an office suite are the following:
- Comfortable handling basic programs: Some applications, such as word processing, presentations, or spreadsheets, are easy to use. However, the level of difficulty increases when using more complex programs, such as the database.
- Integrated functions: All the programs in the package can interact with each other. In this way, it is possible, for example, to generate graphics in a spreadsheet and include them in a presentation.
- Offline and online use: The office suite can be used offline or online. If you use it online, you can take advantage of the benefits of synchronization between computers, programs, and users.
Benefits Of The Office Suite
As we have already mentioned, the office suite has become an indispensable resource for organizations, which can benefit from its many advantages:
- Access to files and contents from any device and place thanks to online modalities.
- Co-authoring of documents allows you to work simultaneously on the same form with several people from your team, resulting in greater productivity and efficiency.
- It facilitates the execution of the company’s daily and essential tasks in a fast and straightforward way. In this way, not only are times shortened, but productivity is increased.
- The programs can be customized to suit the needs of each company. It is possible to modify the appearance, create custom functions and customize the tools available to automate actions.
- Improve communication in the company thanks to the options to share and synchronize files in real-time. By allowing access to files from different computers, greater coordination is achieved, and errors are reduced.
- In online office suites, they save space since the files on the device disappear. All documents are stored on the Internet, where they cannot be lost, ensuring more excellent protection for them.
- Also Read: Database Marketing: What Is It And How To Do?
Examples Of Office Suites On The Market
The packages offered in the market are varied. There are online, offline, free distribution, single-platform, or multi-platform suites.
- Microsoft Office: The leading distributor of this technology. It is a desktop office suite that must be installed for use. It stands out for the variety of tools, but above all for its power. It contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote, Project, Publisher, SharePoint, Visio, Teams, Tasks, etc. The version has online or offline access to install some of its applications in desktop mode on various devices.
- Google WorkSpace (Suite): A trusted distributor of quality online tools. The offer consists of Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Forms, and other external but compatible ones. To make use of these tools, it is necessary to have access to the Internet.
- OpenOffice: The free option, a little smaller but functional. It is compatible with Windows, iOS, and GNU / Linux. Includes Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, and Base.
- iWork: Apple’s private package. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote tools are installed on their computers by default.
Now that you know what an office suite is, you will agree that it is an indispensable technology in the workplace.