Human Resources Digitization The Electronic Signature
How to gain efficiency in HR management? An electronic signature is a tool that helps to digitize the work of this business area and provide other very interesting aspects about the digitization of the company.
The Challenge Of Digitizing Labor Procedures
With increasing assistance, face-to-face procedures are being supplanted by digital management, thanks to the implementation of tools that allow them to be simplified and streamlined.
The replacement of face-to-face meetings with video calls, the exchange of online documentation, collaborative work based on digital platforms. Are all symptoms of a new way of working that, in the case of labor and HR management, has a great impact on the day today. Increasingly, and exacerbated by the impact of the covid on the management of the HR department, digitized labor management is imposed.
Finally, the high number of tasks and procedures in which the electronic signature can be implemented makes it a great ally in this new path: Its use ranges from the signing of a labor contract, protection of personal data, payroll, settlements, leave of absence, ERE s / ERTE s, control of the working day, or internal training, among others.
The Digital Signature Is Applied In HR
Within the digital transformation, The electronic signature has great advantages as a guarantee of authenticity and integrity, an important challenge in aspects such as maximum protection, cost reduction, and reduction of the time it takes to complete the procedures.
But are there different types of signatures for HR? How is the process of digitally signing a document carried out? Let’s get to know the different types of signatures:
Simple Electronic Signature
It is used regularly for procedures such as assigning image rights or confirming attendance at a business event: in short, for those basic procedures that only require the employee’s agreement.
Advanced Electronic Signature
It is the most used type of signature in HR. The reason is based on the fact that it has a greater legal imperative: it is the one that applies in cases related to ERTEs, settlements, contract renewals, documents related to Social Security, etc.
Its operating mode is extremely effective and intuitive: the employee can sign from their mobile after receiving an SMS that they enter at the time of signing. That has a specific period of validity. Its application is very widespread in the banking field, an aspect that makes it highly recognized and, therefore, highly effective.
Advanced Biometric Signature
Like the advanced electronic signature, the advanced biometric signature has a valid time to consolidate the document’s reliability and non-modification after it has been carried out. The main difference is that, in this case, the physical presence of the signer is required. It is biometric, so it implies that in addition to the signature, intrinsic aspects to the collection of the same are appreciated, such as those that show the movement or position of the pen.
Regarding the selection, how to choose which signature provider best suits our company? We must assess a series of key points that appeal to the signed documents’ security and reliability. We list the main ones:
- Tracing of communications and type of content: The tool we choose must make the entire communication and information exchange process as transparent as possible, with as much detail as possible. We must know if the recipient has received the content, downloaded it, signed the document, etc.
- What is the status of the delivery and signature of the document? The complete solution is the one that will allow us not only to know the exact date and time but also more specific aspects such as the IP of the client/server.
- What electronic evidence does the platform provide us? Both the browser and the protocol used must be reflected. Have a solution that incorporates the electronic signature in security matters, such as electronic evidence in XML format, something vital for the correct development of our HR department.
Legislation On The Management Of Digital Processes
Which emphasizes the security and legal integrity of the management of digital processes as a whole and, specifically, in electronic signatures. On this issue, the normative criterion is clear by establishing the admission of three signatures that prove the signer’s identity, have a high legal component, and, therefore, are accepted to ratify the documents.
- Simple Electronic Signature: This is the essential signature since the sender only has to verify and accept the document.
- Advanced Electronic Signature: The tracing of the electronic signature indisputably ensures the recipient’s identification so that security remains unaltered.
- Qualified Electronic Signature: Its use makes it necessary to have a digital certificate, and it is done using a device created for this purpose. It establishes criteria of integrity and legal guarantee at the highest level