Top 5 Automation Testing Tool That Developers Need In 2021
Needless to say, the importance of software testing is increasing every day. The importance of software testing tools is not limited to, finding errors and making improvements. In the present digital world, both speed and quality are equally important to measure a particular application’s success. Enterprises are now striving to come up with applications that meet their business and customer requirements. To ensure that your application is running smoothly, you need to use an automation testing tool.
Before choosing automation testing for your application, your team should clearly understand each automation testing tool. A testing tool will help your business grow in 2020 and the coming years as well. Companies across the globe are effectively increasing their application delivery speed to compete with other growing brands. When you release an application with all the latest market requirements, it becomes an advantage and is profitable for your business. However, if you fail to develop a responsive application, it will affect your business and have several other drawbacks. To ensure that your application works, it is crucial to use a testing tool.
Testing should essentially begin around the prerequisite phase. It will help in getting a better idea regarding the purpose of the product. Numerous organizations are now using various tools for testing their application. Here, we will discuss some of the best Automation Testing tools that developers need to try in the coming years.
Top 5 Automation Testing Tools for Developers need in 2021
Below we have listed the top 5 automation testing tools to help developers understand and introduce better applications.
When it comes to choosing an automated testing tool, cloud-based tools are the best. LambdaTest is one such automation testing tool that works end-to-end on the cloud. It is a cloud-based automated tool that makes it even better. LambdaTest is perfect for testing various web applications and websites. With LambdaTest you get access to more than 2000+ browsers, including desktop and mobile browsers, and is used by over 350,000 developers & software testers across the globe.
LambdaTest has been awarded various top accolades by a number of software review websites like G2, Finance Online etc. Compared to other similar products available in the market, LambdaTest is much more stable, offers amazing tech support and is more affordable. LambdaTest always keeps updating its browser lists, which makes it the go-to platform for many developers.
- Option to perform testing on 2000+ browsers & OS.
- Perform both manual & automated testing with ease.
- Option to integrate with 100+ CI/CD, project management tools that helps in effective testing.
- LambdaTest comes with the fastest screenshot testing feature. The tool keeps capturing screenshots throughout the entire testing process. It gives developers better insight into the changes required before launching the application.
- Easy & fast responsive testing on 40+ devices via LT Browser.
TestComplete is a testing platform that allows developers to create automated tests for all operating systems. SmartBear Software company developed this tool. With this tool, you can record and manually script using keyword-driven operations. TestComplete comes with three different modules, web, desktop, and mobile.
TestComplete offers a wide range of support to developers, including Delphi, Java, Flash, Visual Basic, and other mobile supported systems. Like most other testing tools, this one also captures screenshots throughout the process giving developers better insight into their application. It also helps to differentiate between the actual and expected screen views.
- TestComplete comes with a built-in keyword-based editor that helps to coordinate the entire automated testing process.
- The test record and playback feature help to record all critical actions taken during the test. It also discards unnecessary steps to make the entire process extremely smooth.
- TestComplete has a unique feature of the bug tracking feature that helps track any issue you might encounter while performing the test. It helps in better error understanding and making changes.
- The company offers excellent customer support along with custom checkpoints that are very beneficial for developing any application.
IBM Rational Functional Tester
This particular automation testing tool is for data-driven and GUI testing. The software comes with automated testing features such as GUI, .Net, Siebel, Adobe PDF, iSeries, and much more. With this testing tool, developers can automate the entire testing process with its fantastic user interface. ScriptAssure technology is one of the best features, which makes it even better.
Just like most other automation testing tools, this one also comes with a screenshot capturing feature. With screenshots, the entire process becomes effortless. The test scripting feature helps in combining user actions with various intelligent customizations. It is object-oriented automated testing software primarily used by software quality assurance teams to carry out automated testing. However, it is not cloud-based software, which is a disadvantage.
- Comes with an execution HTML format that provides users detailed information of all actions, including timestamps and screenshots.
- IBM provides impressive customer support. According to most users, they received a quick response to their queries. IBM keeps updating its customer support from time to time.
- The playback monitor and extensive useful functional library make it one of the best testing tools for developers.
- Software that supports various languages is always better. This particular software supports Python, Pearl, Rub, and many other useful languages.
Cucumber is an open-source testing tool. It allows application developers to know errors with their applications. It works in BDD (Behavior Driven Development) format. With this particular tool, developers can write tests that everyone can understand regardless of their technical knowledge. Users first need to write down a scenario or an acceptance test that will describe the customer experience. It will help the tool better understand the developer’s expectations, which will help to point out errors with the application.
Cucumber focused on providing optimal user satisfaction. It is exceptionally user-friendly and perfect for beginners as well.
- It is perfect for business stakeholders to have zero technological knowledge. The cucumber tool has very little code involved.
- The scriptwriting feature allows users to reuse code for future tests.
- It is easy to set up, and tests are conducted efficiently with just a few clicks.
- It is a very efficient tool with all features needed for testing applications.
Appium is a popularly used framework for user interface testing and mobile application testing, including Android and iOS applications. It is an open-source automation testing tool. The automation feature of this particular tool is extremely efficient. It supports machine languages like Java and Python. According to various users, it is one of the best and reliable software testing tools available.
However, some users reported that the installation process is much tidies compared to other similar software. It is an affordable option for developers who are looking for an open-source platform to test their software.
- The tool allows users to choose their port to start their testing process.
- With this particular application, users have the liberty to use and script in any language.
- You don’t need to compile and modify the application every time you want to perform a test.
Software Testing Trends in 2021
Software testing is evolving every single day. Software testing is now becoming an essential part of launching any application and introducing it in the market. Organizations like Agile, Scrum, and DevOps have now started implementing software testing before launching their applications. Let’s see where the software testing industry will be in the coming years.
New goals for developers
Until now, automation testing and software testing was merely a process to find out errors with any application. However, today software testing increases user satisfaction.
Fast DevOps and Agile Adaptation
Most organizations have now started using Agile and DevOps. Both of these are methodologies are designed to develop a healthy collaboration between developers and testers. Agile is ongoing testing and development, whereas DevOps is widely used to collaborate with different cross-departments. When both Agile and DevOps are combined, it helps companies come up with innovative and user-friendly applications.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence testing
The implementation of artificial intelligence is increasing every day. Both AI and machine learning are modern technological inventions that are trending. They are used in sectors that include banks and agriculture fields. Companies are now trying to implement some new technology and come up with advanced software.
No More Traditional Testing
Traditional testing is a very tedious and time-consuming process. With the introduction of new technology, developers now tend to go for automatic testing rather than standard manual testing. Developers use specific tools to manage the performance of each application developed. Automated tests encourage testing teams to concentrate on experimenting with other user-friendly features.
Test automation tools help to track better and deal with errors. It focuses on conveying better software. Also, the usage of open source tools is increasing every day. These tools are useful for businesses and will have crucial roles to play soon in software development.
In upcoming years, companies will increase their budget for testing applications. The importance of software testing is becoming evident every day; this will soon become an essential step for every company before launching any product in the market. Enterprises are now focusing on making the application development process quicker and easier. Automatic testing tools will help in reducing a significant amount of time in this entire process.
All the software testing tools mentioned by us in this article are some of the best tools available. These tools are easy to use and quick. If you are planning to develop your application, which tool are you planning to use?