Xiaomi Mi 9 Review: Features And Specifications
- Xiaomi Mi 9 flagships have traditionally attracted you with a price/performance ratio. The Chinese manufacturer also improves the camera every year, so the phone offers better equipment in this area as well.
- The Mi 9 is a well-designed piece of hardware. It offers a 6.34-inch Super AMOLED display of excellent quality. The resolution is Full HD +. And it’s also equipped with the Snapdragon 855 processor, which is one of the current market leaders. 6 GB of RAM is a pleasure, but 64 GB of storage can be small. Double the fact that you do not insert a microSD card into this phone and that it offers quality video recording in 4K resolution at 60 fps. In such conditions, a larger repository would fit together all together.
- The Xiaomi Mi 9 is also equipped with a USB-C port with an 18 W charger. However, the phone supports fast-charging up to 27 W and 20 W wireless charging. The complete equipment of the flagship lacks advanced resistance to water and dust, which meets some IP standards.
- The phone is lightweight, the construction is made of glass. The Mi 9 gives a premium impression, the ergonomics are also improved by the rounding of the back. The battery offers a capacity of 3300 mAh, which can be difficult for someone. You will last a normal working day without any problems, you will usually appreciate the extra capacity when traveling.
The fingerprint sensor is built directly into the display and in our case did not work properly. We had a better experience using Samsung and Huawei devices with this technology. The Mi 9 also offers a quality bottom speaker, but don’t expect full stereo reproduction. The top speaker is relatively indistinct during sound reproduction. However, there is an LED next to it, which surprised us.
- The Xiaomi Mi 9 Gadget has a high-quality triple camera with 2x optical zoom and also a wide-angle camera. It also delights in video recording quality, which is available in up to 4K at 60 fps. The phone also offers night mode, but the quality of night photos does not reach the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro.
- You will get used to the MIUI 10 superstructure. It offers some practical improvements, but certain features may irritate you. An example is the display of notifications in the status bar, which will flash for a moment and replace the clock. However, there is the always-on mode and it clearly displays notification icons, which we appreciated.
Design and construction: 4/5
Hardware equipment: 5/5
Keep holding on 3/5